The Washington Township Clerk’s Office seeks to provide timely and accessible service in response to all inquiries and requests for public information in a professional, efficient, and courteous manner. The Township Clerk's Office serves as the Township's source for legislative, licensing, and election services.
Role of the Township Clerk
- The Township Clerk administers all municipal elections, and provides assistance to the Gloucester County Board of Election with voter registration.
- As the Secretary to the Governing Body, the Township Clerk is responsible for preparation of agendas, minutes, ordinances, and resolutions for the Township Council.
- The Township Clerk's Office retains and protects all Township documents and public records.
The Office provides public information and responds to requests for public record information (OPRA Request).
- This Township Clerk is responsible for the maintenance and distribution of the Washington Township Code.
- Performance Bonds and Maintenance Bonds for the development projects within the Township are accepted by the Township Clerk.
523 Egg Harbor Road
Sewell, NJ 08080
Phone: 856-589-0520 ext. 213
Phone: 856-589-0520 ext. 214
Phone: 856-589-0520 ext. 217
Phone: 856-589-0520 ext. 228
Hours: (Excluding Holidays)
Monday - Friday
8 am - 5 pm
Memorial Day - Labor Day