The enforcement staff is state licensed, employed by the township, but funded by permit fees and not tax dollars.
The level of enforcement is also a factor used by insurers in determining rates for commercial and homeowner property insurance.
All permit applications must include a copy of the home improvement contractor's registration documentation.
Ordinary maintenance to structures may be made without filing a permit application with or giving notice to the construction official. To find out what types of maintenance are ordinary, visit the Ordinary Maintenance page.
Online Forms & Applications
- Building Subcode Technical Section
- Chimney Verification Form
- Construction Permit Application (Part 1 of 2)
- Construction Permit Application (Part 2 of 2)
- Electrical Subcode Technical Section
- Fire Subcode Technical Section
- Framing Checklist
- Mechanical Technical Section
- Plumbing Subcode Technical Section
- Washington Township Commercial Contractors License
Sewell, NJ 08080
Director of Community Development
Phone: 856-589-0520, ext. 215
Phone: 856-589-0520, ext. 229
Phone: 856-589-0520 ext. 245
Phone: 856-589-0520 ext. 231
Phone: 856-589-0520 ext. 296
Hours: (Excluding Holidays)
Monday - Friday
8 am - 5 pm
Memorial Day - Labor Day