Important information includes:
- Deadline Dates & Election Dates
- How to Register to Vote / Confirm Registration
- Change of Address
- Vote by Mail Application
- Remove Vote by Mail
- Polling Location / District
- Additional Links
Please take note of the following important Dates regarding the 2021 election
- April 14, 2021 - Deadline for Change of Party Affiliation for the Primary Election
- May 18, 2021 - Deadline to register to vote for the Primary Election
- June 1, 2021 - Deadline to apply for a Mail-In Ballot for the Primary Election
- June 8, 2021 - Primary Election – Polls open 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- October 12, 2021 - Deadline to register to vote for the General Election
- October 26, 2021 - Deadline to apply for a Mail-In Ballot for the General Election
- November 2, 2021 - General Election – Polls open 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM
REGISTER TO VOTE
To register to vote in New Jersey, you must be:
- A United States citizen
- At least 17 years old, though you may not vote until you have reached the age of 18
- A resident of the county for 30 days before the election
- A person not serving a sentence of incarceration as the result of a conviction of any indictable offense under the laws of this or another state or of the United States.
The registration deadline to vote in the next Election is 21 days prior to the Election Day.
For the 2021 Primary Election the deadline is May 18, 2021. For the 2021 General Election the
deadline is October 12, 2021.
Complete the Voter Registration Application and mail it to the Gloucester County Superintendent of Election, P.O. Box 352, Woodbury, NJ 08096.
To verify you are registered to vote, enter your information in the Voter Search.
CHANGE OF ADDRESS
Please be sure your address is current. This will ensure you are able to vote at the polls with no issues. If your mailing address has changed, you must notify the Superintendent of Elections in writing. If you move within Gloucester County, you need to submit a change of address. If you move from another County to Gloucester County, you must complete a new registration form. Both changes can be completed using the Voter Registration Form. Please be sure to submit this form by May 1, 2021.
APPLY TO VOTE BY MAIL
If you wish to vote by mail, you must complete the Application for Vote by Mail Ballot and return it to the Gloucester County Clerk’s. This form must be received by the County Clerk seven (7) days prior to the election. Faxed or emailed copies cannot be accepted unless you are a Military or Overseas Voter. Please note: you may also apply in person to the County Clerk until 3:00 p.m. the day of the election. The Gloucester County Clerk’s office is located at 1 N. Broad Street, Woodbury, NJ 08096.
Remove vote by mail
If you wish to be removed from Vote by Mail, so you may vote at the polls on Election Day, you must complete a Request to be removed from Vote by Mail form and mail it to NJ Election Division, 550 Grove Road, Paulsboro, NJ 08066. Please be sure to file this form by May 7, 2021.
To change your party affiliation you must complete the Political Party Affiliation Declaration Form. For the 2021 Primary, this form must be received by the County Clerk by April 14, 2021. As a reminder, you may only vote for candidates in your declared party.
POLLING LOCATION / DISTRICT
If you are unsure of your polling location or district, that information can be found here by entering your address.
523 Egg Harbor Road
Sewell, NJ 08080
Phone: 856-589-0520 ext. 2214
Hours: (Excluding Holidays)
Monday thru Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm
Memorial Day to Labor Day
Back to Top