curve slider image

Police Department FAQs

How do I compliment or commend a Police Officer for doing a good job?
You may fill out the "Compliment / Complaint" form listed in the Navigation bar on the Police Department Website. You may also contact the Police Department directly at 856-589-6650 and ask to speak to a Police Supervisor.
How do I file a traffic related or speeding complaint ?
Contact the Lieutenant Joseph Russo at 856-589-6650 or email at jxrusso@pd.twp.washington.nj.us 
-For all emergencies dial 911
How do I become a Police Officer in Washington Township?
You may apply to become a police officer in Washington Township only when the department is conducting a testing process. The police officer testing process minimally includes a Physical Fitness Assessment, Written Assessment, Oral Interview, Background check, Psychological and Drug testing. Please visit the Careers page for information regarding the testing process.
How do I file a file a complaint against a Police Officer?
You may contact Internal Affairs directly at 856-589-0330x 1109 for Lieutenant Timothy Breen. You may also file a complaint against an officer at any time by coming to the police station or you can contact 856-256-1212 to have Police Supervisor respond to you. You may also fill out the form on the front page of the Police Department website "Compliments / Complaints" and a Police Supervisor will contact you.
How do I dispose of unwanted prescription drugs?
The Washington Township Police Department has a prescription medicine drop box in the front lobby of the police station.
How do I obtain a copy of a police report?
Police records can be obtained by coming to the police station and visiting the Records Bureau. The office is open Monday through Friday 8am -5pm. If you are unable to come to the police station contact 856-589-0764 for more information.