curve slider image

Public Works

My trash wasn't picked up; can you send someone out to get it?
Yes, you can call the Public Works Department at 856-589-0523 and we will fill out a slip that the Supervisor from Gold Medal will pick up and then he will send the truck back out to pick up any missed items.
How do I dispose of electronics, appliances and metal objects?
You need to stop into the Public Works Department to schedule a pick up for $20 (Items picked up on Tuesdays only) or it can be dropped off any Saturday at the public works yard on McClure Drive between the hours of 8 a.m. and 2 p.m, free of charge.
Where do I get a new recycling can/trash can?
You can purchase a new recycling bucket at the Municipal Building located at 523 Egg Harbor Road (off of Egg Harbor Road) next to Jefferson (Kennedy) Hospital. We have 2 different sizes available, 32 gallon and 20 gallon. The 32 gallon bucket is $17.00 and the 20 gallon bucket is $10.00. If you are a resident 55 years of age or older, you can purchase the can at half price. New residents are eligable to receive a new 32 gallon can, free of charge, within the first year of residency. Trash cans are not provided by the Township, residents purchase them on their own.
Who do I contact about water & sewer questions?
You can contact the Washington Twp Municipal Utilities Authority at 856-227-7788. They are in the office Monday- Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
What are the holidays observed by the trash company?
Collection of trash and recyclables is done by an outside contractor. Therefore, the holiday collection schedule is observed only on their observed holidays not the Township’s holidays. Collection will take place one day after the observed holiday for: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
How do I dispose of paint?
If the paint cans are dried up and latex, you can put them out on your regular trash day, if they are not dried up you can use kitty litter to dry up the left over paint, dump the kitty litter into a separate bag and then put the cans out in your trash with the lids off. If the paint is not latex you can contact the county at 478-6045, ext. 14 for drop off dates.
How do I dispose of furniture,couches, etc.?
These items can be placed curbside on your regular trash day. As long as they are not metal, there are no special arrangements.