ABSOLUTELY NO PLASTIC BAGS ARE ACCEPTED IN RECYCLING EVEN WHEN ADVERTISED AS SUCH, PLASTIC BAGS IN RECYCLING WILL RESULT IN FINES TO THE TOWN.
There are THREE SEPARATE trucks that come around on your designated trash day.
In order for your trash to be picked up: Trash, Recycling and Yard Debris MUST BE SEPARATED into properly designated cans! Failure to do so can result in your waste not being picked up.
Please remember that trash and recycling cannot be put out any earlier than 6 p.m. the evening before your trash day (ordinance 212-15.D). For general questions regarding Trash and Recycling pick-up please call 856-589-0523.
The following items can all be mixed together in your recycling can. Be sure to rinse all items thoroughly. :
- -Telephone/Soft Cover Books
- -Junk Mail/Envelopes (all types)
- -Paper (all colors, staples and paper clips ok)
- -Paperboard (cereal boxes-remove plastic liner, beer & soda carriers, spaghetti boxes)
- -Cardboard (No Wax)
- -Brown Paper Bags
- -Plastics #1-2 (Soda/Juice, water bottles, milk jugs, bleach, detergent, shampoo bottles)
- Glass Bottles/Jars (any color)
- Metal Cans (tin/steel/aluminum)
DO NOT Include:
- Plastic Bags
- Unmarked plastics (laundry baskets/chairs/toys)
- Windows/Light Bulbs/Drinking Glasses
- Dishes, Pyrex, Ceramics
- Foam Packaging, Styrofoam
- Recyclables containing food waste. ( Example: Pizza Boxes containing grease)
- Bottle Caps
The Washington Township Recycling Yard is located on McClure Drive off of Greentree Road across from the Police Station. It is open to Washington Township residents only every Saturday between 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Single stream recycling (Plastics, Bottles, Cans, Cardboard, Mixed paper)
- E-Recycling (electronics, TV's, computers)
- white goods (appliances)
- household trash
- bulk trash
- construction material
- hazardous waste
Obtaining Recycling Containers:
One free container per household is given to new residents (proof of residency must be provided. Must pick up container within the first year of residency). New recycling containers can be purchased at the Municipal Services building at a cost of $10 for a 20 gallon bin or $17 for a 32 gallon bin. Residents who are over 55 years of age can purchase a bin at half price. We also have recycling stickers free of charge that can be placed on your own container.