In accordance with Governor’s recommendation to open parks, Mayor Gattinelli has made the decision to open Washington Lake Park for passive recreation only, effective Saturday, May 2nd at 6 am. We realize residents need access to outdoor spaces for recreation more than ever. However, we encourage these visits as long as social distancing requirements are observed. Park staff encourages the following:
• Make space for others on the walking paths and trails. Warn other users of your presence when passing by. As others pass, step aside for them;
• Go by yourself, or with immediate family members from your household.
• Give yourself, and others space. Do not gather in groups, other than people from your household, and maintain a 6-foot distance from others at all times. If the recommended distance is not possible, go to another area of the park or visit the park at another time.
• Park restrooms are closed, use the restroom before visiting the park. Do not attempt to open bathroom doors, which are locked. Portable toilets are available by the amphitheater and by the restrooms located behind parking lot D.
• Playground equipment, tennis courts, hockey rink, basketball courts and volley ball courts are all closed. All events and pavilion reservations through May 31st have been canceled.
• The Dog Park will also be open but closely monitored to insure social distancing is being practiced. Wearing a mask while visiting the dog park is strongly encouraged.
• Grenloch Park and Quay Park will also be open. All of the same guidelines apply when visiting either of these parks.
• Wearing a mask is strongly encouraged while visiting the park, for your safety, others, and our staff as well.
WTPD and Park Rangers are patrolling the park and will reinforce social distancing guidelines to help promote New Jersey’s public health and safety.
Thank you to all of the residents of Washington Township for doing your part to flatten the curve and for continuing to assist us in keeping everyone safe.