- How to get your COVID-19 Vaccine
- State COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Gloucester County COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Healthcare Worker COVID-19 Vaccine Locations
- COVID-19 Vaccine Registration - You can reserve your spot to get a vaccine now by preregistering here. Just fill out the information to receive when you are eligible to receive a vaccination. Alternatively, you may call the state hotline at 855-568-0545
- Vaccine Information and Safety Studies
- NJ Department of Health Website
What's next after I register?
Once you are registered on the Vaccine Scheduling System, you should first be notified when you become eligible for the vaccine. You will be notified again when an appointment is available to you through the Vaccine Scheduling System. If you are eligible for the vaccine but have not yet been notified about available appointments in the Vaccine Scheduling System, there are additional ways to get vaccinated, described below:
- You can make an appointment directly with a vaccination location that does not use the Vaccine Scheduling System. View these locations here.
- If you are a Veteran or live or work at a VA facility, you may be eligible for vaccines through the VA. Learn more here.
- You can also call 855-568-0545, or read this article for more information about where and how to get vaccinated.
Currently, vaccines are available to:
- Paid and unpaid healthcare workers
- Residents and staff of long-term and high-risk congregate settings
- First responders including sworn law enforcement and fire professionals
- Individuals aged 65 and older
- Individuals aged 16-64 that have certain medical conditions that increase the risk of severe illness from COVID-19
- Learn more here.
- The Municipal Building is open to the public! A face mask/covering is required at all times when entering the building, and we remind residents to keep a safe social distance of 6 feet. A Municipal Dropbox is available for those who do not wish to come inside.
- Find a full playlist of video messages from Washington Township Officials regarding the COVID-19 pandemic here
- The Clerk's office is now open to the public, however information can be requested via email or phone message, and they will be fulfilled.
- Click here for instructions to request a Vital Record (copy of a birth, death or marriage certificate) for those who wish to utilize our municipal dropbox during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Tax Office is now open to the public. Online payments can be submitted here or can be dropped in the lockbox outside the Municipal Building. Lockbox will be checked daily. Cash payments will not be accepted. Any other questions or concerns can be directed to Sheila Garrison at (856) 589-0520 x257 or at SGarrison@twp.washington.nj.us
- The building will be closed on a week-to-week basis. Check their website for more information.
- The library is currently open by appointment only for Heggan cardholders only. Librarian by appointment, computers by appointment, and browsing by appointment are all available Monday through Saturday. Also, the library is still providing curbside services for Heggan cardholders to borrow materials. Those eligible for obtaining a new library card or need to renew a library card should send an email to email@example.com or call 589-3334 extension 200. Please visit our website at www.hegganlibrary.org for more information.