The enforcement staff is state licensed, employed by the township, but funded by permit fees and not tax dollars.
The level of enforcement is also a factor used by insurers in determining rates for commercial and homeowner property insurance.
All permit applications must include a copy of the home improvement contractor's registration documentation.
Ordinary maintenance to structures may be made without filing a permit application with or giving notice to the construction official. To find out what types of maintenance are ordinary, visit the Ordinary Maintenance page.
Online Forms & Applications
- Building Subcode Technical Section
- Chimney Verification Form
- Construction Permit Application (Part 1 of 2)
- Construction Permit Application (Part 2 of 2)
- Electrical Subcode Technical Section
- Fire Subcode Technical Section
- Framing Checklist
- Mechanical Technical Section
- Plumbing Subcode Technical Section
- CCO Inspection for Electrical Reconnect
- Washington Township Commercial Contractors License
Sewell, NJ 08080
Director of Community Development
Phone: 856-589-0520, ext. 215
Jeanette Naylor, Administrative Assistant, ext. 245
Sheri Donovan, Office Assistant, ext. 231
Monica Colaianni, Office Assistant, ext. 296
Andy Hoglen, Building Inspector, ext. 218
Anthony DeSimone, Building Inspector, ext. 230
Richard Napier, Electrical & Fire Subcode, ext. 250
James Sauro, Plumbing Subcode, ext. 297
Hours: (Excluding Holidays)
Monday - Friday
8 am - 5 pm
Memorial Day - Labor Day